International Book Giving Day is an annual event that takes place on February 14th. The purpose of this day is to promote the joy of reading and the importance of books in our lives. The aim is to encourage individuals, organizations, and communities to come together to share the love of books and promote literacy.
The idea behind International Book Giving Day was first conceived in 2012 by author and blogger, Emma Walton Hamilton. She was inspired to create this day after reading an article about how children in developing countries often do not have access to books. She wanted to find a way to bring books to children who would otherwise not have access to them. Since then, International Book Giving Day has grown in popularity and has become an international event, celebrated in over 50 countries.
The day is an important reminder of the power of books and the impact they can have on individuals and communities. Books open up a world of imagination and creativity, providing an escape from reality, and encouraging children and adults to dream big. Reading can also help to improve language skills, increase knowledge, and promote empathy and understanding.
5 Ways to Celebrate International Book Giving Day
There are many ways to get involved, from giving books to children, to hosting a book drive, to encouraging others to read. Let’s come together on this day and share the love of books with those around us. Here are 5 ways to celebrate International Book Giving Day:
- Donate books: One of the most popular ways to get involved in International Book Giving Day is to give books to children. This can be done by donating new or gently used books to schools, libraries, and organizations that work with children. It can also be done by leaving books in public places, such as parks, libraries, and hospitals, for people to take and enjoy.
- Host a book drive: Organizing a book drive is a great way to bring the community together and raise awareness about the importance of reading. This can be done by collecting new or gently used books, and then donating them to schools, libraries, and organizations that work with children.
- Share the love of reading: Encourage friends and family to pick up a book and share your own love of reading with others. You can also recommend your favorite books to others and discuss them together.
- Read to children: One of the best ways to celebrate International Book Giving Day is by reading to children. This can be done by volunteering at a school, library, or children’s hospital, or by reading to children in your own community.
- Plan an event: Host a book fair, a book club meeting, or a reading event to promote the love of reading and books in your community. This can be a great way to bring people together and raise awareness about the importance of books.
International Book Giving Day is an important event that aims to promote the joy of reading and the importance of books in our lives. Let’s come together on this day and share the love of books with those around us.
Connect with Austin Macauley Publishers for more such blogs, and submit your manuscript if you are looking for publishing your work. You can also make a quick and easy submission through the online submission form.
You can stay updated with our new releases and activities by joining our family of authors and readers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok.