This is me… My biography…
The first chapter of this book, entitled ‘The Biography of Professor Shuaa Hashim Al Yousuf,’ recounts the most important events of her life from the day of her birth until this day, and it includes an analysis and explanation of the important life trials and experiences that the author went through.
The role of family members and the circumstances that had a direct effect on her thinking and behaviour are also mentioned. The author explains and analyzes the emotional and intellectual changes she went through during the different stages of her life.
As for the pillars on which the author built her life, they were cleanliness, discipline, a commitment to learning, to show love and mercy to all beings, and finally, being generous and charitable whenever possible. The author’s main belief is that God Almighty is overflowing with mercy and love, full of grace and forgiveness, and we are required to practice some of that.
As for the second chapter of this book, which is entitled, ‘Intangible Discoveries I Was Fascinated With During My Life’s Journey,’ it revolves around asking many of the more abstract questions that preoccupied the author’s thoughts during her life’s journey and then answering them.
When she explains several of the answers at which she has arrived in detail, the most important moral and intellectual discoveries that the author found in herself appear, those that emanated from the depths of her soul during various life experiences. The author also explains some of the wonders she found in the hearts of others close to her in terms of thinking and behavior.
Prof. Dr. Shuaa Hashim Al Yousuf is Qatari by birth and nationality.
She obtained her PhD from the University of Newcastle, United Kingdom in 1984, and holds a Professor’s degree in the science of the Fine Structure of Neurosecretory Cells since June 2000.
She has published twenty-four scientific papers in local and international scientific journals, and has prepared several research papers in the field of self-development.
She worked in theoretical and practical teaching of cell and tissue sciences and microscopic techniques at the College of Arts and Sciences in Qatar University from 1979-2008. She worked as editor-in-chief of the Qatar University Journal of Science between 2001-2003. She contributed to the preparation and development of the electron microscopy unit in the College of Science - University of Qatar from 1984 to 1994.
She is the recipient of the following scientific awards:
Abdul Hameed Shoman Award for Life Sciences for the year 1992 (the only female at the level of the Arab world) from the Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, Amman - Jordan.
The Ideal Woman Award from the Qatari Youth Hostels for the year 1995.
She is the author of many books in scientific and cultural fields, including:
- Prepared an international reference titled Recent Studies in the Distribution of Neuropeptides Using Cellular Immunochemistry, which was published in the Scientific Reference of Cell Sciences 1992 - USA.
- Wrote a book in English and Arabic titled Atlas of the Ultrastructure of Cells, first edition printed in 1992, second edition printed in 2000, third edition printed in 2015 at Al Sharq Press - Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a book in English and Arabic titled Molecular Structures and Functions of Cells in 1994, Ali Bin Ali Press - Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a book in Arabic titled The Triangle of the Most Dangerous Poisons and Environmental Toxins in 2007, Ali Bin Ali Press - Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a cultural book in Arabic entitled Civilization of the Modern Age, which was published in September 2003 under the auspices of the National Council for Culture, Arts and Heritage, Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a cultural book in Arabic titled Benefits and Harms of Modern Technologies, which was published in September 2006 under the auspices of the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a chapter in the book The Phenomenon of Extremism and Violence, titled (The Social Dimension of Violence), pp. 247-290, which was published in September 2007 under the auspices of the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, Center for Research and Studies, Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a cultural book in Arabic titled Retirement is the Beginning of a New Life, which was published in April 2014 under the auspices of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a cultural and philosophical book in Arabic titled The Circle, which was published in 2017, by Rosa Publishing House, Doha, Qatar.
- Wrote a cultural and philosophical book in Arabic titled Sciences of Self-Development, which was published in 2019, by Dar Zekreet Publishing, Doha, Qatar.
Scientific and social activities:
- Membership in the Society for Experimental Biological - London - United Kingdom from October 1985 to 2000.
- Membership of the Royal Microscopical Society - London - United Kingdom, from June 1985 to 2000.
- She worked on participating, supervising and preparing for many scientific and cultural training courses in self-development.
- She has prepared, delivered and managed many scientific and cultural lectures in the fields of self-development.
- She established the Women’s Forum (Marasena) in Doha, and participated in supervising, preparing, and giving scientific and cultural lectures for the forum from November 1996 until November 1997.
- A member in the Supreme Council for the Family Committee in Doha in the period between 1999 to 2003.
- She founded and was the head of the prevention and self-healing program at the Friends of the Environment Center in Doha from 2002 to 2010.
- She is one of the founders of the Qatari Self-Development Association, and has been working as a general coordinator of the Association since 2012 until now.
- She obtained many certificates in the sciences of self-development, and attended many courses in that field.
- Obtained the professional trainer diploma from the International Knowledge Center in 2013.