36th Edition, world’s 3rd biggest book fair, irresistible events and titles, it doesn’t get any better than that!
60 countries, over 1,650 publishing houses offering over 1.5 million titles from 60 countries are going to participate in the 36th Mega edition of Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF). Starting from 1st of November 2017 concluding at 11th, you will have eleven days of sheer variety and hands on professional programme that will be hosted as an affiliation of SIBF’s TRC (Sharjah International Book Fair).
This programme will be helpful in the accumulation of 250+ privileges experts from different parts of the globe, held on Monday and Tuesday, i.e. the 30th and 31st of October 2017. The idea is to facilitate the buying and selling of publishing translation rights.
The said mega event will be hosted by Sharjah, 3rd largest emirate in the UAE. ‘A world inside My Book’, has been declared as the theme for this 11 day event this year.
Fun Facts – SIBF in the Spotlight:
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting facts associated with SIBF:
- Planned by SBA (Sharjah Book Authority) the SIBF event this year is expected to spread across 14,625 Sqms.
- 393 guests joining for 48 countries who will be participating in over 2600 events.
- An event that is expanding all the time, new participants this year would be Denmark, South Korea and Bangladesh participating in this sizzling event for the first time.
- One name, countless events ranging across several professional programmes such as the Cultural café, the Cookery Corner, the Cultural programme and the intellectual programme.
- Extensive in nature among them all and feature of this year’s event edition is the Kid’s Programme, packed with 1,632 activities, offered by 44 visitors from 20 nations.
Not to forget, the sizzling hot social media station which will be hosted by SIBF, having 33 activities associated with it and workshops to put the cherry on top, this will help in engaging thousands of Social media lovers and sawyers with their focal point floating around cultural, social and media issues.
You aren’t going to miss it, are you?